Close Menu
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Seychelles DailySeychelles Daily
    • Automotive
    • Business
    • Entertainment
    • Health
    • Lifestyle
    • Luxury
    • News
    • More
      • Sports
      • Technology
      • Travel
    Seychelles DailySeychelles Daily
    Home » Second phase of India’s petroleum reserves programme begins
    Business

    Second phase of India’s petroleum reserves programme begins

    July 29, 2021
    India is expanding its strategic petroleum reserves programme, the Minister of State for Petroleum and Natural Gas, Rameswar Teli, told the lower House of Parliament, the Lok Sabha. In the second phase of its petroleum reserves programme, approvals were given this month for establishing two additional commercial-cum-strategic storage facilities with a total capacity of 6.5 million metric tonnes (MMT) in underground storage structures. The approvals were announced by the Minister today in reply to questions from Lok Sabha members.
    Second phase of India's petroleum reserves programme begins

    In the first phase of India’s strategic petroleum reserves programme, an agreement to store oil from Abu Dhabi at strategic petroleum reserves in India was signed between the two sides in January 2017 during a visit by His Highness Sheikh Mohamed bin Zayed Al Nahyan, Crown Prince of Abu Dhabi and Deputy Supreme Commander of the UAE Armed Forces, to New Delhi.

    Following the agreement, first cargo of crude oil from the Abu Dhabi National Oil Company (ADNOC) was shipped to India 16 months later as reported by the Emirates News Agency, WAM, on 12th May 2018. Subsequent shipments have been ongoing as part of the agreement. The expansion of India’s strategic petroleum reserves into its second phase envisages new facilities at Chandikhol in Odisha state with 4 MMT capacity and another at Padur in Karnataka state with 2.5 MMT capacity.
    Both facilities will be built by way of public-private partnerships. The Request for Proposals (RFPs) for building these new facilities is under finalization, Teli said. The government had allocated Indian rupees 2.1 billion (US$ 155.4 billion) in its budget for last year for land acquisition for the expansion in the second phase.

    Related Posts

    GME posts strongest trading week in two decades

    May 19, 2026

    Dubai Green Corridor keeps cargo moving during disruptions

    May 18, 2026

    Air Arabia Q1 profit slips as regional disruption bites

    May 15, 2026

    India unveils sovereign-backed maritime insurance pool

    May 14, 2026
    Latest News

    PM Modi and Meloni spotlight deepening India-Italy ties

    May 21, 2026

    UAE and Germany review strategic ties in Berlin

    May 21, 2026

    Etihad expands Paris route with double daily A380 flights

    May 20, 2026

    Japan and South Korea launch energy security framework

    May 20, 2026

    South Korea launches $665.5 million industrial growth fund

    May 20, 2026

    GME posts strongest trading week in two decades

    May 19, 2026

    Dubai Green Corridor keeps cargo moving during disruptions

    May 18, 2026

    Porsche reveals bespoke 911 GT3 RS in Macadamiametallic

    May 18, 2026
    © 2026 Seychelles Daily | All Rights Reserved
    • Home
    • Contact Us

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.